| DIFFICULTY Easy | PREP TIME Under 30 Mins. | COOK TIME Over 2 Hrs. | SERVES 4-6 |
Add a touch of elegance to the dinner table with this crispy roast duck, glazed with a Seville orange marmalade.
For this recipe, you'll need aLe Creuset 27cm Cast Iron Oval Casserole Dish
- 2.3kg whole duck, giblets removed
- Sea salt, to season
- 15ml olive oil
- Red onions, 4 quartered
- Half a head of garlic
- 20g fresh sage
- 1 x 300g jar Seville orange marmalade
- The night before you cook your duck, it's best to take it out of the packaging and rinse the bird. Pat the duck dry with a kitchen towel and place it on a cooling rack over a baking tray. Allow it to air dry in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, preheat your oven to 220°C/ 210°C fan oven.
- Massage a generous pinch of salt over the skin and drizzle a little bit of olive oil. Place the duck, breast side up in a Le Creuset 31cm Signature Oval Casserole and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 180°C. Place your garlic, red onions and half of the sage leaves under and around the duck in the casserole and return it to the oven to cook for 1 hour with the lid on.
- Decant the marmalade into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, allowing it to heat through. Remove the lid of your casserole and roast the duck for another 30 minutes. Then using a basting brush, glaze the duck with half of the marmalade. Return the duck to the oven for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Remove again and carefully arrange the remaining sage leaves along the surface of the duck breasts to create a beautiful pattern. Baste the duck with more marmalade and roast for 10 minutes.
- Allow the duck to rest for 20 minutes before carving and serving.