| DIFFICULTY Easy | PREP TIME Under 30 Min. | COOK TIME Over 2 Hrs. | SERVES 2-4 |
Golden, crispy potatoes doused in a garlic confit olive oil – the only way you’ll want to prepare your roast potatoes from now on!
For this recipe, you'll need a Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick Square Roaster
For the garlic confit oil (makes 1L)
- 6 heads of garlic
- 750ml Olive oil
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- Sea salt, to taste
For the roast potatoes
- 1.5kg russet potatoes, peeled
- 100g butter, cubed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
- To make the confit garlic oil, preheat your oven to 90°C (fan oven). Cut some of the garlic heads in half (through the cross section of the bulb), leaving the rest whole.
- Add the garlic and olive oil to a Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick 26cm Square Roaster and place in your preheated oven. Confit slowly for 90 minutes or until the cloves are soft to the touch. Remove the garlic from the roaster and allow them to cool completely.
- While the garlic is confiting, boil the potatoes in a saucepan until tender - a sharp knife should be able to pierce through the potato without resistance. Drain the water completely. Keep the potatoes in your warm saucepan, add 50g butter, salt and pepper, and 60ml of the confit garlic oil. Give the potatoes a good shake until the edges are fluffy and roughed up. This gives the potatoes a crunchy exterior and soft interior.
- Transfer the potatoes to the same non-stick 26cm Square Roaster (confit garlic oil removed), and drizzle them with an additional 45ml confit garlic oil and the remaining cubed butter. Add some salt and rosemary sprigs. Roast for 45 minutes to an hour, rotating your potatoes every 15 minutes to create a lovely crunchy golden crust. Serve warm and enjoy!