| DIFFICULTY Average | PREP TIME Under 30 Min. | COOK TIME Under 30 Min.| SERVES 2-4 |
Bringing together smokey and cool flavours, this butter salmon with fresh mint yoghurt is a delicious red meat alternative that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner.
For this recipe, you'll need a Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick 35cm Ribbed Rectangular Grill
For the chipotle spice
- 12.5ml oak smoked chilli flakes
- 12.5ml dried oregano
- 12.5ml ground cumin
- 5ml salt
- 5ml cayenne pepper
For the salmon
- 800g fresh salmon fillets (4 fillets)
- Olive oil, to brush over salmon
- Salt to season
For the coriander and mint dressing
- 30g mint
- 30g coriander
- 250ml double cream plain yogurt
- Juice of half a lime
- Sea salt, to taste
- A handful of Coriander, chopped
- To make the chipotle spice, combine all the spices and mix well. Store in an airtight container.
- Heat your Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick Rectangular Grill with a drizzle of olive oil and allow the pan to come up to medium/high temperature. Season the salmon fillets with sea salt, and a drizzle of olive oil, and place each fillet skin side down and cook until the skin releases itself from the pan - about 5 minutes. The skin should be crisp and golden.
- Turn the salmon fillets over and turn off the pan allowing the residual heat of the pan to cook them through. Add a sprinkle of chipotle spice and brush with more olive oil. Cook for about 3 minutes. Remove the fillets from the pan and serve with charred limes, fresh yellow tomatoes, and coriander mint dressing.
- To make the dressing, blend all the ingredients together. Season to taste and adjust the lime juice if you prefer.