| DIFFICULTY Easy | PREP TIME Under 30 Min. | COOK TIME Under 30 Min. | SERVES 2-4 |
Flash-fried Brussels sprouts topped with bacon and cheese are the perfect accompaniment to your next roast. The leftovers can even be used to prepare a tasty gratin.
For this recipe, you'll need a Le Creuset 24cm Signature Stainless Steel Non-Stick Chefs Pan
For the Brussel sprouts
- 600g brussel sprouts
- 15ml olive oil
- 50g butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the crunchy topping
- 150g streaky bacon, chopped
- ¼ loaf ciabatta, torn into chunks
- 10g parsley, chopped
- 60g parmesan, grated
- To make the Brussel sprouts, cute a cross at the bottom of the Brussel sprouts to ensure even cooking. Fill your Le Creuset 24cm 3-Ply Stainless Steel Chef's Pan with water and bring it to a boil. Blanch the Brussel sprouts for 3–5 minutes, drain, and plunge them into ice water.
- To make the crunchy topping, add the bacon along with 15ml of olive oil to the same pan you used to make the Brussel sprouts. Fry until crispy, remove from the pan, and set aside. Add the torn ciabatta pieces to the residual bacon fat for extra flavour and fry until golden brown and crunchy. Remove from the pan, and toss with the bacon, grated parmesan, and parsley.
- Flash fry the brussel sprouts in olive oil and butter, and season well with salt and pepper. Top with bacon and parmesan and serve immediately!