Musto Lightweight Machine Washable Tweed Shooting Jacket
(CS1211) PM ref: 856807
Your selection: Calder / Small / £499.00
Our estimated delivery: 3 - 5 working days
FREE UK mainland Delivery
Musto have developed an innovative Lightweight Machine Washable (at 30 degrees) Tweed Shooting Jacket and Breeks, available in the Calder colour. This shooting suit offers great camouflage in the field and excellent protection from the elements. Making this shooting jacket 25% lighter in weight than previous tweeds and machine washable at home has made it so much more appealing to shooters, it retains it's warmth and durability while fixing the generic tweed issues.
- Machine washable at 30°C
- 25% lighter than previous tweeds, yet with increased durability
- High protection and performance with maximum freedom of movement
- Waterproof, breathable and windproof
- Microfleece lined handwarmer pockets
- Two internal poachers pockets
- Inner zipped security pocket, in-breast pocket
- Studs concealed within stormflap preventing stock damage
- Articulation cut into sleeve design
- Adjustable non-absorbent Gore Windstopper inner fleece cuffs
- Clarino synthetic suede lined collar and chin guard
- Action back facility
The really clever bit about washable tweed
All wool fibres have a series of microscopic scales which can feel coarse and when agitated through the washing process lock together resulting in a stiff and coarse handle, fibres are damaged and garments lose their shape.
Other brands are generally producing machine washable tweeds by subjecting the cloth to a consolidating chlorine gas. However, this gassing process, known as Chlor Hercosett, increases the likelihood of a coarse stiff cloth that can only be made using dull colour yarns.
Musto developed a plasticising process with a Scottish Mill which coats the fibres and the scales making them smooth and flexible, rather than coarse and stiff. This consolidates the cloth – the original handle, vibrant colour and shape are maintained when washed at 30°C, providing the extra benefit of being easy care with no sacrifice to the cloths premium feel.
Manufacturers code: CS1211
Size Guides / SpecificationMore
Musto Mens Jacket Size Guide
|UK Chest in Inches||34-36||36-38||38-40||41-43|
|UK Chest in cm's||86½-91½||91½-96½||96½-101½||104-109|
|UK Chest in Inches||44-46||47-49||50-52|
|UK Chest in cm's||111½-117||119½-124½||127-132|
You might be interested in: